About the land & design
We’re in the process of buying 25 hectares of meadows and woodlands bordering with a creek, located at the foot of the Sudety mountains – 15 min by car from the city of Jelenia Góra and the ski resort Szklarska Poreba, 2 hours from Wroclaw and Prague and 3 hours from Berlin. Previously the land was used as meadows and pastures, which received organic certification.
- Latitude: 50°53′17″N; Longitude: 15°33′37″E
- Land area of c.a. 25 ha
- Elevation between 483 and 542m above sea level
- Climate zone: According to Köppen and Geiger, climate is classified as Dfb (Humid Continental Mild Summer, Wet All Year); according to USDA zone: 7A
- Average annual temperature is 6.1 °C.
- Extreme temperatures noted (until 2005): max: 36C; min: – 29C
- Warmest temperature is July-August with an average high of 23C, coldest temperature with an average low is December-January with -5C.
- Annual precipitation: 702mm; number of days with rain 163
- Highest precipitation: July with 110mm; driest month: February with 36mm
- Wind: predominantly west and south-west
- Southerly aspect
- Soil: predominantly sand-loam
- 8 ha of mix woodlands (e.g. oak, spruce, sycamore, beech, willow) distributed across the site, including tree hedges
- 17ha pastures and meadows
The first draft design of the property – it will be finalized with our future members.