Forming eco-community project is searching for a NEW PLACE and members
Are you one of those people who seek the life close to land and nature and would like to live in a resilient community of like-minded but diverse neighbours? Would you like to build your own eco-house and have access to a bigger piece of land in a pristine environment in the Polish mountains? Would you like to be involved or have your children attend the on-site forest kindergarten/school? Would you like to grow food and raise animals in cooperation with other families? Would you like to live in a place that serves as an inspiration for others to learn hands-on skills related to living “beyond sustainable” – living with the aim to regenerate the land and ourselves?
If it is what you are looking for, keep on reading….
We are a family with mixed nationalities with two young kids (4 and 8), ready to establish a regenerative farm in the Izery mountains of south-west Poland (near Jelenia Góra). We are committed to agroecology, sustainable building techniques and environmental regeneration of the Earth. We call this project “Deep Roots”, because we believe in the need of any long-lasting culture to be anchored in the land, giving us a space to learn about the place we live, die and get recycled back into this dance of life. Unfortunately in 2020 spring we were forced to move from the place we were about to buy and for which we were waiting 5 years – read to story here – so we are again on search for the right land and the right people.
Our core values are:
- environmental regeneration: we want to lead a low-impact lifestyle (agroforestry, ecological buildings, holistic grazing, etc) while creating an abundant landscape with rich biodiversity around
- diverse community: we embrace diversity in race, age, income level, religious belief, sexual orientation, etc.
- common yet private: we believe in sharing – from regular common meals, festivities and work activities, but we want everyone to respect privacy of each individual home.
- spreading skills, knowledge and attitude: while we want to focus first on establishing basics for leading our daily lives, we aim for becoming a place radiating around, networking and sharing with others, both in the immediate vicinity and internationally.
In a nutshell – we’d like to create a healthy, robust and resilient community for the uncertain future, not a “commune” detached from other parts of society or a loose collection of private individuals. We dream about a group who can have fun, celebrate, yet work hard, inspire others and be prepared to face the challenges of the future.
We want to clearly emphasize that:
– for us, the starting point and the main goal is to regenerate the land (locally at the beginning, wider in the next stage) and we want to measure our success in this way. Our visits and research has shown that this approach differs from majority of “alternative communities”, where the prime focus is centered around personal, group or spiritual development. That is why we are looking above all for those who understand the need for regeneration, have the knowledge / skills associated with it, or genuinely want to obtain it.
– the project is based on sharing the responsibility of working on the land and raising animals, which will be put into formal documents to be signed by any future project members.
– we do not look for people who feel even slightest need to convert others in their religious, dietary or other beliefs.
We are looking for a new place for our Deep Roots project. Our preferred location is around Jelenia Góra (up to 30 min by car). The land would need to provide the possibility of housing for a minimum of 5 families (plus other buildings for education / workshops) in the form of a building permit or renovation of a larger existing building. In addition, it should contain a minimum of 3 ha of agricultural land. An important selection criterion for us is water – in the form of a source of drinking water as well as streams, ponds, etc.
If the current situation made you think that you would like to join such project and you know a land that is fitting our needs than please let us know. If you don’t know but resonate with all the above, help us in the search for the land. We plan to make a final decision about the place by the summer of 2020.
Thanks and stay healthy,
Noemi and Maciek