If you have particular skills in organic/regenerative agriculture, permaculture, holistic management, earthworks, construction, natural learning, or other skills which might be valuable for this project and if what we do inspires you and you can’t wait to get your hands stuck into the dirt, you are more than welcome. You will work with us to achieve whatever needs to be done on the farm during that time. Our volunteers work approx 6 hrs per day, 5 days per week and minimum stay is at least 2 weeks.
On-farm projects in 2019 include:
- natural building
- establishment of water earthworks
- care of our tree nursery and organic garden
- tree plantation (November)
- teaching English in our forest school
Staying at Roots:
- We offer nutritious, wholesome, mostly vegetarian food three times a day (with as much organic home-grown produce as possible). You may be asked to become part of the cooking roster. If you have special dietary requirements, you will need to bring your own food to supplement.
- Accommodation is on the farm in small cottage houses, the main farmhouse (if rooms are available) or in your own camping gear.
- The farm is an alcohol-free zone on all evenings except Saturday evenings.